Industrial film, dealing with the building of the largest English-built passenger ship, the P & O liner "Oriana", at Vickers Armstrong, Barrow in Furness. Also features steelworks at Scunthorpe, Rotherham and Stocksbridge. The ship is planned to reduce the journey time to Australia by one week.
Cast & credits
- Directed by Bill Mason
- Production Company Wallace Productions
- With the gratefully acknowledged co-operation of Vickers Armstrongs (Shipbuilders) Ltd.
- With the gratefully acknowledged co-operation of P & O Orient Lines
- Sponsor United Steel Companies
- Produced by A. Frank Bundy
- Production Manager Pat Morton
- Production Manager Peter Carter
- Script Bill Mason
- Editing Pat Holmes
- Music Eric Rogers