Adventure film set in the world of Naval fighter pilots. Maverick is a top pilot and is sent to the prestigious Top Gun training school where some skeletons from his past are revealed, and where he also falls in love.
Cast & credits
- Pete "Maverick" Mitchell Tom Cruise
- Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood Kelly McGillis
- Tom "Iceman" Kazansky Val Kilmer
- Nick "Goose" Bradshaw Anthony Edwards
- Commander Mike Metcalf "Viper" Tom Skerritt
- Dick "Jester" Wetherly Michael Ironside
- Bill "Cougar" Cortell John Stockwell
- Henry "Wolfman" Ruth Barry Tubb
- Ron "Slider" Kerner Rick Rossovich
- Sam "Merlin" Wills Tim Robbins
- Evan "Sundown" Gough Clarence Gilyard Jr
- Rick "Hollywood" Neven Whip Hubley
- Stinger James Tolkan
- Carole Bradshaw Meg Ryan
- Chipper Adrian Pasdar
- Lieutenant Davis Randall Brady
- Air Boss Johnson Duke Stroud
- Sprawl Brian Sheehan
- Inquiry Commander Ron Clark
- Bartender Frank Pesce
- Perry Siedenthal Pettigrew, Peter "Viper"
- Radio Operator Troy Hunter
- Mrs. Metcalf Linda Rae Jurgens
- Admiral T. J. Cassidy T.J. Cassidy
- Director Tony Scott
- Assistant Director Dan Kolsrud
- Assistant Director Sharon Mann
- Assistant Director Patrick Cosgrove
- © Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Executive producer/unit prod manager Bill Badalato
- Producer Don Simpson
- Producer Jerry Bruckheimer
- Associate Producer Warren Skaaren
- Production manager (USFX) Whitney Green
- Production co-ordinator (USFX) Christine Whitney
- Production co-ordinator (USFX) Sally Syberg
- Director of Photography Jeffrey Kimball
- Animation photography (USFX) Donald Smith
- Underwater/aerial photography Jack Cooperman
- Air to air photography Clay Lacey
- Aerial camera operator Nick Alavardo
- Aerial camera operator Dan Koblash
- Aerial camera operator Don Thompson
- Aerial camera operator William J. Kelly
- Aerial camera operator Heatley, C.J. "Heater"
- Aerial camera operator George Howe
- Aerial camera operator David Nowell
- Aerial camera operator Lawrence Blanford
- Aerial camera operator Gary Tolbert
- Camera Operator John Connor
- Steadicam Operator Joe Valentine
- Special photography effects supervisor Gary Gutierrez
- Astrovision operator David Knoll
- Special Visual Effects USFX
- Special Visual Effects Colossal Pictures
- Visual Effects Photography Rick Fichter
- Process co-ordinator Don Hansard Sr
- Special effects co-ordinator Allen Hall
- Special Effects Peter Cairo
- Special Effects Robert Willard
- Special Effects Steve Foster
- Pyrotechnician (USFX) Peter Stolz
- Pyrotechnician (USFX) Ted Moehnke
- Model department supervisor (USFX) David Sosalla
- Model maker (USFX) Earle Murphy
- Model maker (USFX) David Carothers
- Model maker (USFX) Marghe Mcmahon
- Model maker (USFX) Steve Sanders
- Model maker (USFX) John Eaves
- Video graphics Intervideo
- Video graphics Richard Clark
- Animation supervisor (USFX) William Groshelle
- Animation (USFX) Samuel Comstock
- Animation (USFX) Wes Takahashi
- Animation (USFX) Stuart Cudlitz
- Production Designer John F. Decuir Jr
- Set Designer Craig Dennis Edgar
- Set Decorator Robert R. Benton
- Men's costume supervisor James Tyson
- Women's costume supervisor Bobbie Read
- Men's wardrobe John Napolitano
- Men's wardrobe Wingate Jones Jr
- Music Harold Faltermeyer
- Songs Tom Whitlock
- Music Editor Robert Badami
- Record company consultant Michael Dilbeck
- Record company consultant Ron Oberman
- Sound Recording William Kaplan
- Sound Recording James Cavarretta Jr
- Sound Recording Mike Haney
- Sound Recording Bob Nichols Ii
- Sound Re-recording Don Mitchell
- Sound Re-recording Kevin O'connell
- Sound Re-recording Rick Kline
- Supervising Sound Editor Cecelia Hall
- Supervising Sound Editor George Watters Ii
- Sound Editor Virginia A. Cook
- Sound Editor Teri E. Dorman
- Sound Editor Julia Evershade
- Sound Editor Frank Howard
- Sound Editor Marshall Winn
- Sound Editor David Stone
- Special sound effects created John Paul Fasal
- Supervising ADR editor Andrew Patterson
- ADR Editor Juno J. Ellis
- Foley artist Edward Steidele
- Foley artist Sarah Jacobs
- Foley Editor Pamela Bentkowski
- Foley Editor Joseph A. Ippolito
- Stunt Co-ordinator R.A. Rondell
- Stunts R.A. Rondell
- Stunts Gary Epper
- Stunts Randy Peters
- Stunts Steve Holladay
- Stunts Donna Keegan
- F-14 camera consultant John Gilbert
- F-14 camera consultant George Leahy
- Aerial consultant Richard T. Stevens
- Aerial consultant Thomas R. Harmon
- Technical adviser Pettigrew, Peter "Viper"
- Navy aerial co-ordinator Willard, Robert "Rat"
- F-14 air crew Abel, Lloyd "Bozo"
- F-14 air crew Scott 'D-Bear' Altman
- F-14 air crew Broska, Dennis "Loner"
- F-14 air crew Moe, Rick "Curly"
- F-14 air crew Lewis, Chuck "Silver"
- F-14 air crew Schneider, Ben "Rabbi"
- F-14 air crew Skeels, Tracy "Too Cool"
- F-14 air crew Smith, Kenneth "Squire"
- F-14 consultant Grumman Aerospace Corporation
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Baranek, Dave "Bio"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Blue, Michael "Vida"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Caulk, Peter "Horse"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Cushing, John "Player"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Hammonds, Ricky "Organ"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Mcguire, Terrence "Circus"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Ray, James "Jambo"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Seckinger, Ray "Secks"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Dilucente, Dennis "Sunshine"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Dishart, Gregory "Hollywood"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Galpin, Michael "Flex"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Sobieck, Thomas "Sobs"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Spence, William "Tex"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Straight, Michael "Boa"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Willard, Robert "Rat"
- Top gun instructor/MIG pilot Winnefeld, James "Jaws"
- Navy dialogue consultant Destafney, Jim "Flex"
- Armature designer (USFX) Gary Platek